Sunday, March 18, 2007

Other work and illness


Over the last week I have been trying to work on other things, but have been hampered by a crippling headache. In between pain I have been painting a Christmas card and trying to find ideas for other things. Still have no contract for this book. James had, I think, only one day in his studio, in which to work on the cover for Ella Bella, the rest of the time he was in schools and out and about. Haven't yet heard from him whether he has had an offer for the text, or how the cover is going.

3 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Hi Jackie
I've just stumbled on your web site and now your blog. Your work is fantastic and I love your studio.
I'm originally from England, and when I read in your journal about the sky larks it brought back a great rush of nostalgia, as I remembered walking to school down the hedge rows and hearing the larks, it's one of the most beautiful sounds.
Good luck with your work, it's really lovely.
Ro from Down Under

xxxxx said...

So there will be another fantastic card available this Chrismas? So so glad to hear that. I'm still enjoying the one I didn't send from the pack I bought last year. And your calendar still delights me, as does most of your artwork. I was blessed to admire quite a few pieces last year in Waterford (Ireland), where I lived then.

Anonymous said...

Hi, This is my first visit to your site. It is lovely. I love your Christmas card and your 3 ladies are stunning! Not just "sucking up" They are lovely. Keep up your spirits - pearls before swine and all that. Sometimes work is too fine for commerce to appreciate. Someone will soon. Keep going! Wendy