Friday, May 22, 2009

A white envelope on a gray day.



This week I received the small pre-proof print outs of Starlight, with the new cover. Was very nervous about opening them after being so disappointed with the first proofs. But they looked wonderful. And after all that the cover is just right. So pleased with them and even in this tiny version they look really good. In fact it would make a great tiny board book.
So, many thanks to James for his patience with me, and to Barefoot for turning the book around and making it shine.
It is a great shame that publication has been put back a month because of the delays. Hoping it can move forward again. Looking forward now to seeing the finished book and taking it out to children.
I have learned a lot working on this book.

12 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi Jackie,
It really does look stunning, it must have been quite a relief after all your frustrations and hard work...
I can't wait to get it for my two little girls! Very well done!
(p.s. I've learnt a lot from you doing this book too! Thankyou for sharing it all)
All the best
Carrie...

Richele said...

It is beautiful Jackie. Not one big shout that reveals all but a thrilling whisper of what might be.

Excited to see it in the Fall Preview from Barefoot and high hopes for a release in plenty of time for the holidays. My boys were wild about the panda bear. They named their guinea pigs Star, Light and Sailor.

clairedulalune said...

Im so happy your pleased with your packages! They are beautiful pieces and I love your work! Congratulations!

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

If I saw it in a bookstore I would buy it on first sight. It is lovely and sublime.

Please post info on where we can get it once it is published. I will ordering from Canada for my little son. And me:)

Jackie Morris said...

Thanks Richele
I love guinea pigs. You must get them Can You See a Little Bear by James Mayhew and me. It has a "giraffes are tall and a guinea pig is short, " page. Very hard to draw.

quiltcat said...

I'm so glad you're happy with this, Jackie...it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

After all the agony and disappointment you must be so pleased with this. I love the circles and there is such a feeling of travel and distant places and "a star for a guide". It came back from Barefoot so quickly! I can't wait for publication and actually having the finished product to look at in my hands - it's like watching the birth of something precious! Brilliant Jackie.

Christine

jodi said...

Am looking forward to this book being in the States. I love the cover. You are such a great artist!

armadillo magazine said...

It looks perfect. Just perfect!
Can't wait to read it!

Marianne said...

Hooray! what a relief! doesn't it look fantastic? just beautiful.

Unknown said...

The most beautiful cover - can't wait till I can buy it!!

Veronica said...

The cover looks fabulous. It's fascinating to read about all the 'behind the scenes' changes but I'm so glad you're happy with it too - I think that's very important. Can't wait til it's in the shops!